- Developed by two of North America’s leading hospitality schools – the University of Guelph and Cornell University
- 5 online courses offered through eCornell (Each 2 weeks in length, offered either once or twice a month).
- 3-day leadership workshop at the University of Guelph - Sunday, May 14 (evening) to Wednesday, May 17, 2023
- Ideal for mid-to-senior level hospitality managers
- Explore advanced topics in hospitality including marketing, revenue management and food beverage services
- Fee: $5,499 +HST (CAD) (5% discount for 2+ registrants from the same organization)
Designed for leaders in the hospitality industry
If you are a mid-to-senior level professional in the hospitality industry, this certificate is for you. You will connect with colleagues at a similar place in their careers who wish to reach the next level.
Watch Statia Elliot, director of School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management at the University of Guelph, talk about what the program offers you.
HLC Information Session
Learn more about the Hospitality Leadership Certificate in this short information session video, recorded in 2022.
School Director Statia Elliot, discusses the certificate program in detail.
The Hospitality Leadership Certificate is offered with the flexibility of online coursework (Cornell University) + a three-day (Sunday, May 14, evening to Wednesday, May 17, 2023) on-campus leadership workshop.
Online, self-guided learning
You will start by taking five online, self-guided courses facilitated by eCornell. This will include three core courses focused on team leadership, hospitality marketing and financial management, as well as any two electives in the following subject areas.
- financial management,
- advanced revenue management,
- services marketing or
- food, beverage and restaurant management.
Regardless of your area of expertise, you will gain new skills and knowledge in an area relevant to your career.
The program concludes with a 3 day on-campus leadership workshop, (May 2023) hosted by the University of Guelph’s School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management where you will learn from noted hospitality experts from both universities, and network with industry professionals - aka your classmates. During the workshop, you will engage in leadership development activities designed to build your understanding of your own brand of leadership. You will leave more aware of how your team perceives you and where you can create change in your leadership style to benefit your organization and industry.
The Hospitality Leadership Certificate costs $5,499 +HST (CAD) which covers:
- 5 hospitality relevant courses facilitated through eCornell (online)
- 3-day on-campus leadership workshop hosted by the University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario CANADA (Sunday, May 14, evening to Wednesday, May 17, 2023)
- Material and meals for the three-day workshop.
- Accommodations are not included. A hotel room block has been reserved close to campus.
*A discount of 5% applies for 2+ registrants from the same organization. If you are registering two or more people from your organization, please complete a form for each individual and send them in a single email.
The next class
Submit your application for 2022/23 below. HLC is offered every other year.
Register for the Hospitality Leadership Certificate Class of 2022/23
We encourage everyone to register by April 1, 2023. International participants, please consider visa/vaccination requirements before applying.
STORY: Hospitality professionals learn leadership skills, best practices in new certificate program
HOTELIER MAGAZINE: University of Guelph launches online Hospitality Leadership Program