HAFA/HFTM Career Networking Night
The 2020 event will take place on Wednesday, January 22nd! Stay tuned for more information soon.
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019
Welcome Alumni & Students!
This annual event continues to be a success thanks to the enthusiastic participation from our alumni and students.
Our fantastic Alumni are excited to come back to the School to meet and share their career experiences with our students.
The format of the evening will include round table discussions between alumni and students with each table focusing on a specific career area of interest to students.
Some of the career areas in the past have included:
- Restaurant Management
- HR Management
- Hotel Management
- Hotel Sales
- Club Management
- Catering, etc.
There will be several rotating sessions to give students the opportunity to visit with different career areas. Each area will be held in various rooms within Macdonald Stewart Hall. Alumni will stay in designated rooms and students will rotate to their preferred field. Dress code is business or business/casual. We hope you are able to join us!
INFO FOR STUDENTS:
You will not be registering for this event prior, but will sign-in the evening of. (MACS Room 121)
2019 Participating Alumni. At registration you will receive an information page with all the session groups/rooms.
Students do not register prior to January 23rd.
- 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Student Registration - (MACS Room 121)
- 6:00 p.m. - Student Debrief - (MACS Room 121)
- 6:15 - 6:40 p.m. - Session 1 with Alumni (Rooms TBD)
- 6:45 - 7:10 p.m.. - Session 2 with Alumni
- 7:15 - 7:40 p.m. - Session 3 with Alumni
- 7:45 - 8:45 p.m. - Networking Reception with Alumni - PJ's
INFO FOR ALUMNI ONLY:
Registration is now open.
- 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. Alumni Registration
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Alumni dinner/debrief (PJ's Restaurant) The debrief will begin at 5:50 p.m.
- 6:15 - 6:40 p.m. - Session 1 with Students
- 6:45 - 7:10 p.m. - Session 2 with Students
- 7:15 - 7:40 p.m. - Session 3 with Students
- 7:45 - 8:45 p.m. - Networking Reception with students - PJ's
We welcome all alumni! If you are aware of someone who would be interested in attending, please contact us.
If you are not receiving any of our event notices, please visit Stay Connected to forward your new information/email.
On behalf of the HAFA/HFTM Alumni Association, we look forward to seeing you in January.
For more information, please contact: Patrick Cook, Alumni Advancement Manager (519) 824-4120, ext 56929.