HAFA/HFTM Career Networking Night
DATE: January 2023 (Date TBA)
EST TIME: TBA
VIA: Zoom or Inperson
PRICE: Free! We hope you can join us from anywhere in the world!!
ALUMNI/FACULTY REGISTRATION LINK
STUDENT REGISTRATION LINK (Please do not register more than once and use your University of Guelph email address to sign into zoom events.
STUDENT SAMPLE QUESTIONS FOR EVENT NIGHT
ALUMNI ATTENDANCE - GROUP SESSIONS
The zoom event link will be sent by 1 p.m. the day of the event from Lisa Fodor.
Welcome Alumni & Students!
This annual event continues to be a success thanks to the enthusiastic participation from our alumni and students.
Our fantastic Alumni are excited to meet and share their career experiences with our students.
The format of the evening will include breakout discussions between alumni and students with each virtual room focusing on a specific career area of interest to students.
Some of the career areas in the past have included:
- Restaurant Operations
- Hotel Operations
- Hospitality Development/Real Estate
- Events/Sports Management
- Food and Beverage Sales
6:00 p.m. Welcome alumni and updates from the board and School
6:15 - 6:45 p.m. Career Night Sessions begin - Break out Session 1
6:45 - 7:15 p.m.. Break out Session 2
7:15 - 7:45 p.m. Break out Session 3
7:45 - 8:00 p.m. Conclusion of the event with final remarks from Lora Bender, HAFA/HFTM Alumni Association President
Alumni will stay in designated rooms and students will rotate to their preferred field.
- There will be 3 rotating sessions that will focus on a specific career area to allow students to explore different career options
- Information on participating as a mentor will be emailed out after registration
- Information on how to join the Zoom platform will be emailed out before the event
- Registration closes January 24th, 2022, at 9 AM
- REGISTER HERE
We welcome all alumni! If you are aware of someone who would be interested in attending, please contact us.
If you are not receiving any of our event notices, please visit Stay Connected to forward your new information/email.
On behalf of the HAFA/HFTM Alumni Association, we look forward to seeing you online in January.
For more information, please contact: Patrick Cook, Alumni Advancement Manager (519) 824-4120, ext 56929.
NEW! You will be registering prior for the virtual event. Open to all BComm students.
- At the registration link below, you will choose 5 session groups that you are interested in attending
- The evening of the event, you will be automatically be placed into 3 of your chosen sessions.
- Please think about questions you would like to ask our alumni prior to the event. Here are some sample questions.
- A zoom link will be emailed to you the day of the event.
- Registration closes January 27th at NOON
- REGISTER HERE