BSc Independent Study Courses
ASCI*4700 Independent Studies in Arts/Sciences
ASCI*4710 Independent Studies in Arts/Sciences
BIOM*4500 Literature-based Research in Biomedical Sciences
BIOM*4510 Research in Biomedical Sciences
HK*4230 Advanced Study in Human Health and Nutritional Sciences
HK*4360 Research in Human Health and Nutritional Sciences
HK*4371/2 Research in Human Health and Nutritional Sciences II
IBIO*4500 Research in Integrative Biology
IBIO*4510 Research in Integrative Biology II
IBIO*4521/2 Thesis in Integrative Biology
MCB*4500 Research Project in Molecular & Cellular Biology I
MCB*4510 Research Project in Molecular & Cellular Biology
MCB*4600 Topics in Molecular & Cellular Biology
NEUR*4401/2 Research in Neurosciences
NEUR*4450 Research in Neurosciences
PSYC*3240 Independent Research Project
PSYC*4240 Advanced Independent Research Project
Actions required, and things to keep in mind:
- Contact potential supervisors.
- Obtaining a supervisor's agreement greatly increases the possibility that you will be approved for the honours thesis, however be aware that it is still a competitive process.
- Complete the Request to Enrol.
- Submit to Sharon Helder at email@example.com or MacKinnon 4015.
Tips for contacting a potential supervisor:
- Before you contact a potential supervisor, familiarize yourself with their work: read their papers, know what type of work they do.
- Be flexible in balancing your own ideas to fit within the research.
- Be prepared to provide intellectual contribution to the project even if the work is already underway.
- Be considerate: drop in during office hours if possible or set up an appointment.
Once a match has been confirmed, the student and supervisor will work together to complete a contract using the template below or the template provided by the course's home department.
Contract Templates: (Microsoft Word)
3rd year: PSYC*3240
4th year: ASCI, BIOM, HK, IBIO, MCB, NEUR: Use course contract provided by course home department
Submit signed contract to Sharon Helder at firstname.lastname@example.org or MacKinnon 4015
Once the contract has been processed, the waiver will be granted and the student may add the course