Challenging Barriers to Equity: De-Brief Session
Date and Time
Zoom- Link will be shared with registered participants in advance of the session
Throughout the month of November, Wellness@Work is challenging you to register and participate in the 30 Day Challenge from Wellbeing Waterloo Region. This challenge is focused on daily practices challenging barriers to equity. Each day, there is a short activity to help you learn, reflect and practice small actionable steps you can take. The challenges help to increase understanding and build capacity on topics including, unconscious bias, social inclusion and various forms of privilege. The daily practices include short videos, articles, reflection questions and suggestions for actions you can take.
The challenge is designed to help you work through some discomfort and encourage new thinking and discussions. A de-brief session hosted by Diversity and Human Rights, Wellness@Work and Learning and Development will take place on Dec 3.. You do not have to be done the 30 day challenge to participate in the discussion session. All are welcome.
Please register for this session in advance to receive the calendar invitation.
During this virtual session, participants will be encouraged to reflect on the following questions:
- What feelings did you experience while participating?
- What key learnings stood out to you?
- Were there any parts of the challenge that left you with a bit of discomfort? Why?
- What actions have you taken? Which were the easiest? Hardest?
- What questions or reflections do you have? Any points of clarity we can help work through?