- King Fahd University Of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Associate Professor, College of Engineering Sciences & Applied Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, (2009-2014).
- McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Visiting Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department) (July and August 2010)
- AMEC-NSS Ltd., Toronto, ON, Canada
Senior Analyst, Asset Management (2008-2009).
- Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd., Chalk River, ON, Canada
R&D Engineer, Component Life Technology Branch, CANDU Technology Development, (2005-2008)
- McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Research and Teaching Assistant, Thermal Management and Research laboratories (TMRL) (2001-2005)
- Alexandria University, Alex, Egypt
Research and Teaching Assistant, Mechanical Power Engineering Department, (1995-2001)
Honors and Awards
- Award for 5-years of excellence in teaching and advising undergraduate students for senior projects, Mechanical Engineering Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, (KFUPM, May 2014)
- Plaque from the KSA Ministry of Education for the effort spend in judging the Saudi Robo 3 competition (Eastern Province, Khobar, 2011)
- Certificate of appreciation from Deanship of Graduate Studies for participation in the graduate seminar day (KFUPM, May 2011)
- Certificate of appreciation from King Fahd University for the effort spend in the Third Maintenances Symposium, July, 2009.
- Achievement Award from Component Life Technology Branch, Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. 2008.
- NSERC Visiting Fellowship in Canadian Government Laboratories. 2006 (Declined)
- Dean’s award for excellence in communicating graduate research, McMaster University, Canada, 2004.
- Nominated member, The Scientific Research Society (Sigma-Xi), 2004.
- Nominated Graduate Student Representative of Mechanical Engineering Department, McMaster University, Canada, 2003-2005.
- Elected Representative of Faculty of Engineering and Business, Graduate Student Association (GSA), McMaster University, Canada, 2001.
- Faculty of Engineering Fellowship, Alexandria University, Egypt, (1995-2001)
- The University Award for Excellent in Academic Achievements, (five times), Alexandria University, Egypt (1991-1995).
- The Industrial Award, Abou-Kir for biological National Co., Egypt, for Academic Performance (1995).
- The Industrial Award, El-Mohandes Consulting Co., Egypt, for Academic Performance (1995).
- Fine Art prize in Alexandria art gallery for painting, Egypt, (1996).
- Prize for the best picture in National young artists, Egypt, (1999).
Affiliations and Training
- Syndicate of Egyptian Engineers (SEE) (1995-present), Member.
- American Society of mechanical Engineers (ASME) (2003-present), Member.
- Canadian Society of mechanical Engineers (CSME) (2003-present), Member.
- Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS), (2005-present), Member.
- Conventional Fossil Plant Cycle Chemistry by Structural Integrity Associates, Inc. (Oakville, Ontario, Canada, August 12-13, 2008).
- In depth training course from EPRI Solutions on use of CHECWORKS software used for mitigation of Flow Accelerated Corrosion (FAC). (Myrtle Beach, Fl., USA, June 12-14, 2008).
- Safety culture workshop. (AECL, Chalk River, August 15, 2007).
- Professional training course on balance of plant in CANDU reactors. (AECL, Chalk River, June 4, 2007).
- Professional training course on CANDU reactors chemistry and materials. (AECL, Chalk River, May 25-26, 2007).
- Professional training course on steam generators in CANDU reactors. (AECL, Chalk River, April 27, 2007).
- Quality management system – overview. (AECL, Chalk River, October 30, 2006).
- Art Display Mechanical Engineering Dept., McMaster University, Canada, Feb. 2004.
- Photo Show McMaster Photography Association (MPA), McMaster University, Canada, Feb. 2003.
- Participated in several Painting and Photography exhibitions, Alexandria, Egypt (1990-2000).