Wael H. Ahmed Ph.D.
Welcome to my academic website
- (New Position for Undergradute Student in Summer 2016) I am hiring a student to develop LabVIEW code to control and collect data from different instrumentation installed on test rig for energy applications. Student with enough knowledge on collecting and analyzing data using LabVIEW in real-time is mandatory. The purpose of the test rig is to measure different parameters that characterize energy systems such as pressures, temperature, flow rates, displacement etc. To complete this task, the student must have working knowledge of motion control, measurement transducers (load and displacement), data acquisition and analysis, and state machines. Validation and implementation of the code through actual adhesion tests is required.
- Desired Skills and Qualifications: Must have experience interfacing, commanding, and controlling instruments through LabVIEW. Experience with data acquisition and manipulation is required.
- Campus Author author.lib.uoguelph.ca/celebrated_books/pumping-machinery-theory-and-practice
- A new undergraduate text book by Dr. Badr and Dr. Ahmed on Pumping Machinery has been Published by Whiley on January 2015 http://ca.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118932080.html
- New Engineering Prof Studies Energy Systems atguelph.uoguelph.ca/2014/08/new-engineering-prof-studies-energy-systems/
- I am hiring graduate students to work toward their MSc. or PhD degree in the area of multiphase flow. Applicants should have a strong background in the thermo-fluid area with BSc/MSc degree in Mechnical Engineering). Experience with conducting experimental reaserch is mandatory. Candidates should email a short letter of research interest including their skills and experience, CV and the names of three references to Dr. Wael H. Ahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not have reference letters sent unless requested. Applicants should put “Mutiphase PhD/MSc position” in the subject of their email.