HHNS Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The HHNS Commitment
- HHNS is committed to an being an equitable, diverse, and inclusive community.
- All members of HHNS are part of the HHNS EDI CourseLink Resource Site.
- Please turn on notifications and follow along with the HHNS Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Committee there.
- The HHNS EDI Committee exists to promote a culture of reflection, learning, and growth, with ripple effects beyond the Department.
Current Committee Members:
Please reach out if you want to get involved or if you have questions, suggestions or concerns of an EDI nature.
The HHNS EDI Committee’s Terms of Reference
- HHNS will be an equitable, diverse, and inclusive community.
- The HNNS EDI committee is guided by the University of Guelph’s commitment to equity, diversity & inclusion; https://www.uoguelph.ca/diversity-human-rights/
- The committee will guide HHNS in ensuring equitable opportunities and distribution of resources for all current and future students, staff, faculty and community members.
- The committee will enact change at the Department level by providing leadership and guidance across HHNS activities and tying in with other EDI initiatives.
- The committee will be comprised of HHNS members who are committed to EDI and ensuring broad representation.
- The committee aims to create a movement within HHNS. We are committed to continuous reflection, learning, and growth and will model this culture.
- The committee recognizes the critical importance of truth and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples and the concerted focus this requires on EDI topics and beyond.
- The committee welcomes input and participation from racialized individuals and those of other equity seeking groups, and allies.