PSYC*3240 Independent Research Project
PSYC*3910 Psychology Externship
PSYC*4240 Advanced Independent Research Project
Actions required, and things to keep in mind:
- Contact potential supervisors.
- Obtaining a supervisor's agreement greatly increases the possibility that you will be approved for the honours thesis, however be aware that it is still a competitive process.
- Complete the Request to Enrol (If you have already confirmed a supervisor, completion of this form is not required)
- Submit to Sharon Helder at email@example.com or MacKinnon 4015.
- Advisor and Student: complete a contract together. When complete and signed, submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and the student will then receive a waiver to add the course.
Tips for contacting a potential supervisor:
- Before you contact a potential supervisor, familiarize yourself with their work: read their papers, know what type of work they do.
- Be flexible in balancing your own ideas to fit within the research.
- Be prepared to provide intellectual contribution to the project even if the work is already underway.
- Be considerate: drop in during office hours if possible or set up an appointment.