Funding - Graduate Student Research (Thesis) Allowance
Students are to consult with their supervisors early on in the development of the research proposal about the costs of conducting their proposed thesis research, and how these costs will be paid. Faculty are strongly encouraged to support the research of their students from their research grants.
|Who is eligible||Amount
|MA/MSc Students||$200||Thesis research allowance||One time funding|
|PHD Students||$300||Thesis research allowance||One time funding|
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE EXPENSES:
- Books and journal subscriptions used for research;
- Software used for research;
- Research equipment and instruments, including computers and ancillary computer equipment, and their maintenance;
- Memberships in professional research organizations;
- Research conference registration fees and travel (excluding per diems);*
- Research activity expenses (e.g., payment of participants, off-campus travel)
When all expenses are ready for submission, complete the claim in Concur. Please be sure to include in the “Purpose/Notes” section if you are a MA/MSc Or PhD student.
All claims must be accompanied by supporting documentation including original receipts along with the bank and credit card statements for proof of payment. When all this has been completed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment to review and submit the claim.
Students travelling internationally are REQUIRED to review the University of Guelph's Safe Travel Information Page, AND must complete the DepartSmart pre-departure orientation prior to their departure. International travel refers to any destination outside of Canada including the United States.
effective May 2020