Strengthening IFAD’s Alliances for Rural Transformation Presentation
Date and Time
University of Guelph, Arboretum Centre
The School of Environmental Design and Rural Development and Global Affairs Canada invite you to the magistral presentation of Dr. Paul Winters and Dr. Thouraya Triki from IFAD – United Nations. They will be accompanied by Global Affairs representatives; Mr. Stephen Potter, Director Agriculture and Food Systems and Mr. Anatoliy Shatkovskyy, Senior Analyst. After the presentation there will be small groups meetings.
The activity is part of IFAD’s visit to Canada to strengthen the alliance between Canadian universities, Global Affairs Canada and IFAD. The aim is to link Canadian Universities to the work IFAD does in developing countries. IFAD is one of the largest sources of financing for agriculture and rural development in the world’s poorest countries. Please see the IFAD's website for more information.
Dr. Paul Winters, Associate Vice-President of the Strategy and Knowledge Department at the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
Dr. Thouraya Triki, Director of the Sustainable Production, Markets and Institutions Division at the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- 14:45 Welcome to IFAD and Global Affairs Canada representatives: Mr. Stephen Potter, Director Agriculture and Food Systems and Mr. Anatoliy Shatkovskyy, Senior Analyst.
- 15:00 – 16:30 IFAD’s presentation and audience questions.
- Coffee break
- 16:40 – 17:10 Meeting with University of Guelph research institutes, research chairs and research directors.
- 17:10 – 17:40 Meeting with the Dean of OAC and SEDRD Director, SEDRD Program Coordinators, faculty and students.
- 17:40 – 18:10 Meeting with IDS, GIS director, faculty and students.
- 18:10 – 19:00 Meeting with U of G partners: International Potato Centre, ANDES Peru – Potato Park, and RPD Faculty.
For more information please contact Dr. Silvia Sarapura.