The Young Conservation Professionals Leadership Program Admissions are Now Open
The Young Conservation Professionals (YCP) Leadership Program is a year-long personal and professional development program serving the conservation and environmental sector in Ontario, Canada.
The purpose of the YCP Leadership Program is to build capacity in the sector by helping the next generation of leaders to “step-up.” Key outcomes for participants include:
- increased knowledge and understanding of leadership and management practice;
- deepened understanding of individual leadership style(s) and innate strengths as a manager and leader;
- improved interpersonal communication skills;
- improved ability to set effective, outcome-focused goals;
- enhanced confidence to lead in both personal and professional contexts;
- increased motivation and ability to manage teams and complex projects.
- To date, the program has a network of over 220 alumni across the province and beyond.
Applications for 2019 are open from November 14, 2018 until February 8, 2019. Pleae visit the YCP Leadership website for more details.
Feel free to contact Nic Brunet, Assistant Professor in Rural Planning and Development, Room LA 114, if you have any questions.