COVID-19: Tips to keep you healthy and reduce the risk of infection
Please note that most wellness activities at the University have been cancelled until further notice.
The University of Guelph is providing regular updates and new information on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Information web page.
Occupational Health and Wellness has provided links to articles with facts and general information about COVID-19 from Homewood Health:
To help reduce the risk of coronavirus infection, Homewood Health has provided a few reminders for steps you can take:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or elbow
- Maintain physical distancing
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care
U of G recognizes that reports of the impacts of COVID-19 in Canada and around the world can be very troubling.
It is normal during this time of uncertainty for us to speculate on the potential spread of the virus and to experience understandable reactions from worry to anxiety about this health concern.
If you are looking for support, please reach out to the following resources available to you:
- Employee and family assistance program for faculty and staff, 1-800-265-8310
- Crisis Text Line, text "UofG" to 686868
- Student Counselling Services, Ext. 53244
- Multi-Faith Resource Team, Ext. 58909
- International Student Adviser, Ext. 58698
You can search through a variety of wellness resources, which are listed on the Wellness@Work COVID-19 Wellness Resources page.