November 2021 Wellness Challenge: Set your own Wellness Goal
Your wellness challenge for November 2021 is to set your own wellness goal! We encourage you to download the goal setting template, complete it and submit it by December 1st, 2021 to Isidora Nezic via email at email@example.com. Everyone who submits their wellness goal will be entered to win a $25 gift card of their choosing!
Remember that wellness is not just physical or mental health. Wellness encompasses the whole person and can include any of the following parts of ourselves:
- Occupational; and
Set a SMART Goal
The SMART rule states that goals should be SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ACHIEVABLE, REALISTIC, and TIME-TARGETED. Using the SMART rule will help you create clear objectives and a plan of action.
Begin writing your goals by thinking about these questions which pertain to the SMART rule:
- What do you want to achieve and why?
- What steps will you take to achieve this objective?
- How will you measure your progress?
- When are you going to complete this objective?
- Are there time constraints?
Examples of a Wellness SMART Goal
- Pack my lunch everyday that I go into the office for the month of November (phsycial and financial wellbeing).
- Create a realistic bedtime routine that I can stick to, including putting technology away 30 minutes before bed, reading a book and having a camomille tea (physical, environmental, intellectual and emotional wellbeing).