Acquire analytical and management skills to analyze and understand food trends and become a business leader and entrepreneur. Discover how value and supply chains work, how local and global markets are connected, and how policy can affect competitiveness. Explore topics through project and case-based courses to enhance your entrepreneurial skills and learn about the bigger picture behind industry trends and market opportunities.
What’s Unique? Benefit from a program known for supporting entrepreneurial success in food and agriculture.
Co-op? Is available.
- If not in co-op, get work experience and earn an academic credit that counts towards your graduation with UNIV*3140 Flexible Internship in Agri-Food.
- Study for a semester in another country on a student exchange program.
- Work with faculty on a research project.
- Gain leadership skills with the opportunity to run a leadership conference, become a peer helper, organize charity events, and run for student government.
- Explore the many experiential learning opportunities at Experience Guelph.
- Join student-run clubs to explore areas of interest such as agri-marketing.
How the Learning Unfolds
Take advantage of a broad and solid business foundation in this Commerce Degree that prepares you well for a career in a dynamic and growing sector. There is enough flexibility in the program to complete a minor as a secondary area of specialization. See the Undergraduate Calendar for more information.
- Economics of the Agri-Food System
- Agri-food Markets and Policy
- Advanced Agribusiness Management
- Food & Agri Marketing Management
- Futures and Options Markets
- Operations & Supply Chain Management in Agri-Food
Ontario secondary school students applying to the program require English (ENG4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), 1 additional 4Umath, and 3 additional 4U or 4M courses.
What students are saying
Link to the Ontario Agricultural College website.
Who to contact for specific questions about the degree
Please contact the department’s Undergraduate Program Coordinator. (Link to the Department’s contacts page)
Financing Your Education
Alumni, friends and partners of OAC support scholarships and awards each year for new and in-course students. The University of Guelph also provides a variety of scholarships and bursaries for deserving students. (Link to Student Finance at UofG)