Guiding Canada’s Future Investment in Rural Infrastructure - Gibson Testifies to Senate Committee
What is the future role for the Government of Canada in rural infrastructure? Dr. Ryan Gibson presented to the Senate Committee on National Finance regarding rural infrastructure investment. The Senate Committee has been studying the design and delivery of the government’s infrastructure commitment, and has asked for comments to address the effects of future infrastructure investments on rural development in Canada. The presentation pulled on research conducted by the Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation, the Rural Development at Brandon University, and the Rural Policy Learning Commons.
- Details of the Senate Committee agenda
- Introductory presentation to the Senate Committee
- Video recording of the Senate Committee session
The presentation to the Senate Committee extensively on the research being conducted through the Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation, Rural Development Institute, and the Rural Policy Learning Commons. Key reports that were highlighted in the Senate presentation include:
- The State of Rural Canada
- Uncertain Foundations: Infrastructure in Rural Canada
- Policies and Policy Strategies for Addressing the Infrastructure Gap
See University of Guelph news article here.