March Meatless Mondays Challenge
March is Nutrition Month.
Throughout the month of March, Wellness@Work is challenging faculty and staff to make your Monday meals meatless.
Keep track of your meals using the worksheet attached.
Submit it by April 3, 2020 for your chance to win a prize (including a cookbook made by the Child Care Learning Centre).
Looking for inspiration? Check out the following sites for some recipe ideas:
- You can find some yummy vegetarian recipes in the Rock What You've Got cookbook, while also learning more about preventing food waste.
- View the top 3 winning recipes from The Great Wellness@Work Recipe Contest to view a breakfast, entree and dessert dish that are all vegetarian!
- The Health and Performance Centre also has a list of recipes available.
- The Student Nutrition Awareness Program has a list of meatless options available on campus.
- The Dieticians of Canada have put together a recipe book for Nutrition Month 2020.
Family-Friendly Cookbooks are also on sale at the front office of the Child Care and Learning Centre for $20. The cookbook contains a collection of recipes from families and friends of the CCLC.
Want an additional challenge?
Try to make your three Monday meals entirely plant-based. Below are a few blogs with a variety of vegan recipes to help get you started:
Show off your healthy meals using the hashtag #WellnessatUofG.