Support U of G’s United Way Campaign 2021
The University of Guelph 2021 United Way Campaign will help make our community a better place to live by contributing to 50 different agencies and 72 different programs in Guelph Wellington Dufferin. The United Way invests in five Impact Areas - Connected Kids, Adequate Basic Needs, Supports for Seniors, Sense of Belonging and Positive Mental Health. Please join us and show your local love. Last year - in the middle of a pandemic, no less - you amazed us all by raising more than $537,000 to support United Way-funded charities. This year let's show that despite the challenges we're all facing, the University of Guelph is here for our community. Together, let's raise $620,000 and beyond!
What Matters Is Making a Difference
This year, our goal is to raise $620,000 and beyond, but our larger goal is to show the Guelph community that despite the challenges we face with COVID-19, we are here - and we care.
We understand that COVID-19 has created financial challenges for many of our colleagues and their loved ones. So this year, while raising money is important, we are focusing more on increasing the number of donors who contribute to U of G's 2021 campaign. If you have never donated before, please consider supporting this year's campaign. Every dollar, and every donor, is important to the people in our community and on our campus.
This year the United Way campaign is focusing on a radical recovery. A radical recovery relies on the harnessed power of all parts of our community – and that includes you. Your action is at the heart of our momentum – by donating, volunteering, learning and unlearning – you fuel community change and help build an even stronger community that supports all who live in Guelph, Wellington and Dufferin.
Online Pledge Cards Available
This year, we have moved our pledge cards to an online system. You will not receive a paper copy of your pledge card.
Complete your pledge card for a chance to win in our incentive draw! The earlier you complete your pledge card, the more chances you have to win.
Choose between a one-time or biweekly donation through payroll deduction. You can also opt to donate to the Guelph Wellington Dufferin United Way or direct your donation to the United Way in another community.
How Your Donations Help
- $25 Provides a fresh food hamper for a family experienceing food insecurity which includes: portateos, bananas, oranges, green beasn, tomatoes and onions.
- $100 help to over the cost of a Trans Peer Worker who connects with trans folks in the community to get them the help and resources they need.
- $365 Supports an entire week of camp for a child on the Autism spectrum.
- $500 Covers the cost of breif therapy for someone struggling with mental health t learn coping skills and resilience.
- $1000 Supports a child with 1-1 mentorship for an entire year, helping them to foster suportive relationships, build resiiency and self-confidence.
If you have questions about this year's campaign or are interested in getting involved in other ways, contact your area coordinator.
Visit U of G's United Way Campaign website to learn more about ways you can support local.