History: History Essay Workshop Series is Back!
After the success of last term, the History Essay Workshop Series is back! Our first session last term had over thirty participants and twenty students attended two or more sessions. Get the flyer: (.pdf)
The History Essay Workshop Series helps students know what to do to write stronger essays!
We are conducting two workshops this term that focus on the basics of essay writing. On completion of the full workshop series students will...
* Be able to recognize and create excellent thesis statements
* Understand the importance structure plays in essay writing and be able to manipulate it to its best effect
* Recognize the role evidence plays in essay writing
* Evaluate sources, particularly online sources, for appropriateness in history essays
* Learn how to recognize and avoid common spelling and grammatical errors
Both workshops will be held in Mackinnon 309 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. and the schedule is as follows:
Monday, Feb. 27: Sorting sources and tailoring thesis statements
Thursday, Mar. 1: Technically perfect - essay organization, citations, proper grammar, and proofreading
Students may attend one or both workshops but the more they attend, the better their understanding of essay-writing will be. If a better mark is not enough of an incentive, snacks will be provided, too! - Jodi and Caitlin
Find us! Website: http://historyessayworkshopseries.wordpress.com/ Facebook: History Essay Workshop Series