SSHRC Insight Grants -- 2 funding streams available
SSHRC has diversified its Insight Grant program and now offers Stream A and Stream B. Very exciting!
This change is meant to address a perceived bias encouraging larger and longer grants and to address a perception that there are currently no options for established scholars seeking smaller grants to support ongoing research.
Stream A (duration 2-5 years) $7K -- 100K
Stream B (also 2-5 years) $100K -- $400K (max $100K/yr)
Both streams are adjudicated by the same committees and will receive the same review (including external assessments).
Committees will receive SEPARATE budget envelopes dedicated to each stream. Stream A would have a target success rate higher than Stream B.
**Unsuccessful IDG 2017 applicants many now apply for an IG in 2017 -- This year only!
SSHRC expects its IG portal to open on July 19th. You will be able to create a login, the IG and CV forms, and begin populating them.
August 31 -- Internal Peer Review (by Research Advisory Council)
- submit completed application form including attachments and sshrc CV
September 28 -- Dean's office review (ADR/RM)
- submit completed application form including attachments and sshrc cv (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org -- or in person to MacKinnon 0010)
- submit OR-5 signed by researcher/chair
October 6 -- Office of Research hard deadline
- submit electronically full application in PDF plus OR-5 to email@example.com
- click "submit" on the sshrc portal (*note, not a final submission -- only the research office can do that)
- research office reviews the grant and either returns to applicant for revision or submits to Ottawa by October 16