Theatre Studies BA
Analyze plays, attend professional productions, study theatre history, and act and participate in technical work.
You'll have the opportunity to participate in productions as an actor or as someone working behind the scenes. Students also have the opportunity to attend productions and meet professionals working in film and theatre. Auditions are not required for entry.
- New performance space. You will have use of an updated black-box theatre, a new costume shop, and more. See page X for more details.
- Become a well-rounded theatre creator– examine performance from various perspectives within a series of variable topic courses. Courses allow you to explore acting, directing, design, and technical theatre.
- Study at the Stratford Festival through 2 three-week summer courses. Allows students to work with actors and connect with industry professionals.
- Form a theatre company. In fourth year, you will create your own theatre company including determining the organizational structure, fundraising, publicity exercises, casting, designing, dramaturging, directing, and mounting a production.
- Writing for Performance
- Shakespeare: Text & Performance
- Performance Praxis I
- Theatrical Organization and Culture
- Ensemble Project
Careers and Pathways
- Arts administrator
- Film director
- Special effects technician
- Talent agent
- Theatre stage manager
- Graduate programs in theatre & performance, acting, communication, media, costume production, technical production, broadcasting.