Employer | Information
The program is open to any business located within the city of Guelph, with minimum seven employees, small staffing numbers will be considered on a case-by-case basis, that have entry-level employment opportunities available for graduating College of Arts students with start dates no later than June 1, 2020. This is a one year paid, professional experience that provides mentorship, skill development and the ability for a new employee to contribute to the growth and development of a local organization. This program provides employers with connections to students that have received employment readiness support through workshops and one-on-one guidance provided by the University of Guelph Career Advisors.
- Receive a maximum grant of $4,000 per month for the first four months of the apprenticeship (totaling a maximum of $16,000 per position).
- Submit multiple job postings to increase your student acceptance success.
- Access a competitive pool of extraordinary new talent that can bring energy, creativity and critical thinking to your business operation.
- Hire a University graduate that has received specialized one-on-one coaching in order to adapt quickly to a working environment.
- On-campus support for interview space available
- The opportunity to contribute back to your community by hiring locally.
If you are an employer interested in learning more about the GAAP program, please contact:
Career Advisor and Educator, Experiential Learning Hub
University of Guelph
50 Stone Rd. E
519-824-4120 Ext. 52119
Economic Development Officer, City of Guelph
1 Carden St.
519-822-1260 Ext. 2823
For program registration