Employer | Information
- The program is open to any business located within the city of Guelph, with a minimum seven employees, smaller staffing numbers will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The employer can offer entry-level employment opportunities available for graduating College of Arts students with start dates no later than June 1, 2020.
- The purpose is to provide a one year paid, professional experience that provides mentorship, skill development and the ability for a new employee to contribute to the growth and development of a local organization.
- This program provides employers with connections to students that have received employment readiness support through workshops and one-on-one guidance provided by the University of Guelph Career Advisors.
- Receive a maximum grant of $4,000 per month for the first four months of the apprenticeship (totaling a maximum of $16,000 per position).
- Submit multiple job postings to increase your student acceptance success.
- Access a competitive pool of extraordinary new talent that can bring energy, creativity and critical thinking to your business operation.
- Hire a University graduate that has received specialized one-on-one coaching in order to adapt quickly to a working environment.
- On-campus support for interview space available
- The opportunity to contribute back to your community by hiring locally.
Who are the students that qualify for this program?
Graduating Students in the academic year of 2019/2020 from one of the following two streams:
College of Arts, honours or general program, majoring in:
- Art History, Classical Studies, English, European Studies, French Studies, History, Music, Philosophy, Spanish and Hispanic Studies, Studio Art, or Theater Studies.
Bachelor of Arts and Science student with a College of Arts minor, defined as:
- Art History, Classical Studies, English, European Culture and Civilization, French Studies, German, History, Italian, Museum Studies, Music, Philosophy, Spanish and Hispanic Studies, or Theater Studies.
If you are an employer interested in learning more about the GAAP program, please contact:
Experiential Learning Partnership Developer, College of Arts
University of Guelph
50 Stone Rd. E
519-824-4120 Ext. 56695
Economic Development Officer, City of Guelph
1 Carden St.
519-822-1260 Ext. 2823
For program registration