Students | Information
To apply for roles available in this program, students must meet the following criteria:
- The program will be open to graduating College of Arts, as well as Arts and Science (with a COA minor*) students
- Completing the final year of study and ready to enter the workforce by May 2023.
- Graduating S22, F22, or W23
- Able and ready to commit to 12 continuous months of full-time employment beginning not later than May 1st, 2023
- Willing to attend job search readiness workshops and access coaching to ensure a quality application process.
Graduating Students from the 2022/2023 academic year (S22, F22, W23)
Completing studies from one of the following two streams:
College of Arts, honours or general program, majoring in:
Art History, Classical Studies, English, European Studies, French Studies, History, Music, Philosophy, Spanish and Hispanic Studies, Studio Art, or Theater Studies.
Bachelor of Arts and Science with College of Arts specialization, defined as:
Art History, Classical Studies, English, European Culture and Civilization, French Studies, German, History, Italian, Museum Studies, Music, Philosophy, Spanish and Hispanic Studies, Studio Art, or Theater Studies.
Able to commit to 12 consecutive months of full-time employment in Guelph, beginning May 2023
*This program is open to Canadian Citizens and permanent residents
** for more program information, see FAQ's
- This program offers early-career starters a one-year paid professional experience.
- Receive mentorship, skill development, and the opportunity to build professional community relationships.
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of a local Guelph organization.
- Opportunity to participate in a real-world application process and apply to multiple positions, interviewing, and employer offer.
- Engage in job search readiness support through workshops and meetings with a Career Advisor.
Leverage the value of your first professional experience for your next role:
- Work experience that offers professional growth and skills development
- The opportunity to contribute to something larger than yourself
- Learn more about what you love to do, develop your transferable skills, discover your personality strengths, and acquire technical skills
- Develop your professional brand and build out your online presence, i.e. LinkedIn
- Build professional relationships and grow your network
Complete the registration and short questionnaire: GAAP REGISTRATION
Still have questions about the GAAP, please contact:
Nicola Edwards, M.A., CDP
Career Advisor & Educator, Experiential Learning Hub, University of Guelph