Students | Information
The program will be open to all graduating College of Arts students who are ready to enter the workforce by May 2020. This is a one year paid, professional experience that provides mentorship, skill development and the ability to contribute to the growth and development of a local organization. Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in real-world application processes through applying to multiple positions, interviewing, and obtaining an employer offer. This program provides career and employment readiness supports through workshops and one-on-one meeting with a Career Advisor.
Apply to multiple roles to increase your employment offer success.
Workshops and one-on-one coaching to support you in leveling up your application and interviewing skills to help prepare you for the competitive process of launching your career.
Leverage the value of your first professional experience for your next role:
- Work experience that offers the professional growth and skills development
- The opportunity to contribute to something larger than yourself
- Learn more about what you love to do, develop your transferable skills, discover your personality strengths, and acquire technical skills
- Develop your professional brand and build out your online presence i.e. LinkedIn
- Build professional relationships and grow your network
If you are a student interested in learning more about the GAAP program, please contact:
Nicola Edwards, B.A., CDP, CAPP, APPC
Career Advisor & Educator, Experiential Learning Hub, University of Guelph
Bldg 54, Trent Lane
519-824-4120 Ext. 52119
For program registration,