Application to a graduate program at the University of Guelph requires you to follow the guidelines for an electronic application. For detailed application instructions please refer to the following web link: https://www.uoguelph.ca/graduatestudies/future/applying-guelph
Deadline for COMPLETED applications to the FARE programs is typically January 31 of each year for the following September entry. Application for the upcoming September is now open.
We encourage International applicants as well as domestic applicants to complete your application earlier in January to ensure that all documents are received by the deadline. Due to the electronic application process you should allow a minimum of two weeks to work through the process to complete your application.
Entry Period: September only; NO admission is available for the Winter and Summer semesters.
FARE Admission Requirements
In addition to the general University requirements, FARE requires:
- Application to MARE (course-base; no guaranteed funding) and/or MSC (research-based with guaranteed funding) or PhD (with guaranteed funding)
- CV or Resume
- Transcript(s) along with grading scale
- Statement of Research – provide a one to two-page outlining your research interest and why you wish to pursue graduate studies
- References – Two academic references are required; a third professional reference is optional (not required)
- GRE (general section) for PHD applicants only – allow time to complete to meet application deadline; upload your results along with your Statement of Research
- NOTE: Securing an Advisor at application is NOT required; selection of Advisor is done during the first two semesters of the program
0892 UNIV GUELPH
0101 COPY FOR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
Please instruct the testing agency to mail the test results directly to:
Graduate Program Assistant
Room 311, J.D. MacLachlan Building
Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Monitor Your Status and Offer
Details on monitoring your application status and offer can be found at the Office of Graduate Studies website:
For additional information on graduate program services, international student information, financial assistance, University fees and student services please see:
Limitations of funds, space, facilities or personnel may make it necessary for the University, at its discretion, and in spite of admissions requirements set out, to refuse admission to an otherwise acceptable applicant.
Whereas the information provided here is deemed to be accurate, applicants are encouraged to consult the University of Guelph on- line Graduate Calendar for official information: http://www.uoguelph.ca/academics/calendars/