Healthy Workplace Month Calendar- October 2019
Through the Wellness@Work initiative we are proud to be hosting our third annual Healthy Workplace Month at the University of Guelph. The Wellness@Work Programming Committee invites you to take part in some of the fun, free activities to help boost workplace wellness across our institution.
Here are a few featured events:
- Please join us on October 1st as we kick off Healthy Workplace Month with a Campus Mile, starting at the Portico in Johnston Green.
- Join a guided bike ride through the Arboretum over the lunch hour on Oct 2 and Oct 24
- Participate in the Emptying your Burden Basket Sharing Circle
- Learn about self-care and the brain
- Get a free hot beverage on Take your Break day
- Participate in an Introduction to Mindfulness with teaching and gentle yoga fusion
- Visit with the comfort dogs during Take a Paws
- Learn about how to create healthy snacks on the go
- Give back to the community with the Guelph Student Food Bank Donation Drive
Three contests are running during the month of October:
- Healthy Workplace Month BINGO - Complete your BINGO card for your chance to win a prize!
- U of G Art and Objects Scavenger Hunt Activity - Identify art and object names on the Guelph Campus in the crossword puzzle.
- Fall Foliage Photo Contest - Snap a photo of a beautiful fall image at U of G and enter your photo for a chance to win.
Please see the full October Healthy Workplace Month calendar to learn more and to register for events.