Intermediate Chinese I F18 (CHIN*2200)
Code and section: CHIN*2200*01
Term: Fall 2018
This course is a continuation of the Introductory Chinese II. More grammatical
points and sentence patterns will be introduced to enable students to understand
and express in coherent passage with their listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Skillfully master the Mandarin Chinese pronunciation and Pinyin; widen
vocabulary; deepen the knowledge of the basic grammatical structures.
- Strengthen abilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing; exchange
ideas and describe subjects as to familiar topics.
- Have further understanding of Chinese culture relevant to the Chinese
Instructor consent required
- New Practical Chinese Reader Textbook Vol. 2 新实用汉语课本
- New Practical Chinese Reader Workbook Vol. 2 练习册
- Two CD sets for Textbook and Workbook (required to complete homework)
Method of presentation:
- The course will teach only the essential and ensure plenty of practice.
- Active student participation is vitally important to a successful experience of
learning the language.
- After-class completion of exercises in the workbook and memorization of
characters from the textbook are essential to achieving the learning