Introductory Spanish I (SPAN*1100 )
Code and section: SPAN*1100 *01 + 02 + 03
Term: Winter 2017
Instructor: D. Mohan + D. Odartey-Wellington
By the end of the semester, successful students will be able to:
- Communicate in basic Spanish, through participation in oral activities in class and in an
end of semester oral presentation in the lab/seminar
- Read, comprehend and comment on simple texts written in Spanish, through regular reading comprehension activities, assignments and tests
- Write in Spanish about everyday life, activities and preferences, through regular writing assignments and tests
- Identify a variety of cultural elements of the Hispanic world, as presented in the classroom
Method of Presentation:
Two 50 min. classes per week (12 weeks) & Two 50 min. labs per week (12 weeks
- Jarvis, Lebredo, Mena-Ayllón, Rowinsky-Geurts, Stewart: ¡Hola, amigos! 3rd Canadian Edition. Package includes textbook, student activities manual and access key to the premium website. Available for purchase at campus bookstores and directly from the publisher’s website.
Important: ONLY the 3rd Can. Ed. of ¡Hola, amigos! is suitable for this course.