Introductory Spanish II (SPAN*1110)
Code and section: SPAN*1110*01
Term: Winter 2017
Instructor: D. Mohan + S. Henighan
Introductory Spanish II is a continuation of Introductory Spanish I and aims to build upon the skills and knowledge you have previously acquired. The course will focus on increasing students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in Spanish. Successful students will develop a solid foundation for further courses in Hispanic language, literature and culture.
By the end of the semester, successful students will be able to:
- demonstrate increased oral skills in Spanish through participation in oral activities during classes and seminars and through oral presentations
- integrate new grammatical concepts and vocabulary with those studied in Introductory Spanish I, through continued review, study, discussion and application
- read, comprehend and comment orally and in writing on course topics and themes, using vocabulary and a combination of verb tenses in classroom activities, assignments and assessments
- show awareness of facets of Hispanic culture explored in the classroom
- continue in further studies in the Spanish language and its related literature and cultures
HISP*1100/SPAN*1100 (Introductory Spanish I) or equivalent, with the consent of the Course Co-ordinator.
Jarvis, Lebredo, Mena-Ayllón, Rowinsky-Geurts, Stewart: ¡Hola, amigos! 3rd Canadian Edition. Package includes textbook, student activities manual and access key to the premium website. Available for purchase at campus bookstores and directly from the publisher’s website.
Important: ONLY the 3rd Can. Ed. of ¡Hola, amigos! is suitable for this course.
Three 50 minute classes per week & one 50 minute lab per week