Introductory Spanish II W18 (SPAN*1110)
Code and section: SPAN*1110*01+02
Term: Winter 2018
Introductory Spanish II is a continuation of Introductory Spanish I and aims to build upon the skills and knowledge you have previously acquired. The course will focus on increasing students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in Spanish. Successful students will develop a solid foundation for further courses in Hispanic language, literature and culture.
By the end of the semester, successful students will be able to:
- demonstrate increased oral skills in Spanish through participation in oral activities during classes and seminars and through oral presentations;
- integrate new grammatical concepts and vocabulary with those studied in Introductory Spanish I, through continued review, study, discussion and application;
- read, comprehend and comment orally and in writing on course topics and themes, using vocabulary and a combination of verb tenses in classroom activities, assignments and assessments;
- show awareness of facets of Hispanic culture explored in the classroom;
- continue in further studies in the Spanish language and its related literature and cultures.
Jarvis, Lebredo, Mena-Ayllón, Rowinsky-Geurts, Stewart: ¡Hola, amigos! 3rd Canadian Edition. Package includes textbook, student activities manual and access key to the premium website. Available for purchase at Coop Bookstore (Johnston Hall) or University Bookstore (McLaughlin).
Method of presentation:
Three 50 min. classes per week (12 weeks)
One 50 min. labs/seminars per week (12 weeks)