Preliminary Greek II F17 (GREK*1110)
Code and section: GREK*1110*01
Term: Fall 2017
Instructor: A. Sherwood
1) To continue to introduce students to the language of Classical Greece, in particular to the basic principles of grammar and syntax in an inflected language
2) To continue to provide a basic vocabulary for the reading of introductory Greek texts
3) To continue to demonstrate that much of modern English vocabulary is derived from Greek
4) To continue introduce students to the culture that provides the foundation for Western civilization.
1. to introduce students to the culture that helped to formulate Western concepts.
2. to initiate understanding of the importance of grammar and vocabulary for any language, but specifically ancient Greek in this course.
3. to help students to build confidence in their abilities to undertake difficult material through proper organization and focus.