Each graduate area evaluates their applications and conducts interviews throughout January and February. Only those being interviewed will be contacted.
Offer of Admission recommendations are submitted by the Department to the Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies for review and acceptance. Following this action of the Department, our field's of study typically email their students who have been recommended, indicating that an Official Offer of Admission is pending. We ask for your patience during this process.
Shortly thereafter, you will receive an email from our Graduate Program Assistant informing you on behalf of the Department of Psychology, that a recommendation has been forwarded to the Office of Graduate Studies that an Official Offer of Admission be made. Attached will be our "Departmental Guarantee of Funding Letter". This letter will detail our funding obligation to you (as per MTCU funding eligibility rules). You will want to refer to this letter later when reviewing particularly the "Funding Form" within the Official Offer of Admission, as said form is more technical in nature.
An Official Offer of Admission notification can be expected between March and April. This notification comes directly from the Office of Graduate Studies and will be sent to the email noted in your OUAC application, thus please ensure you monitor. You will be provided with instructions to login to your WebAdvisor account to view as well as to accept/decline.
Non-admission notifications are sent as soon as all outstanding offers of admission have been finalized, thus we ask for your patience during this time due to the volume of applications we receive. If at any time you wish to inquire as to the status of your application, please contact the CCAP Admissions Representative for that field of study. Please note our Graduate Program Assistant is unable to assist with such an inquiry.
Electronic Offer of Admission
- You will receive notification via email indicating that a decision has been made on your application.
- Log in to WebAdvisor, select Applicants, select Documents, and click on View Offer.
- Your offer of admission will be displayed.
- Read your offer of admission and guaranteed funding form.
- Scroll to the bottom and select a response by clicking on the appropriate selection ( 'I Accept' or 'I Decline') prior to the response deadline..
- The offer will remain valid until the response date listed on your offer of admission and/or the due date listed on WebAdvisor.
- If you choose to accept the offer of admission, you are required to mail in all final official documentation and meet all conditions as specified in your offer (if the offer of admission is conditional).
- If you choose to accept your offer of admission, you will receive information about how to register via email closer to your semester start term.
- If you choose to decline your offer, select the appropriate response. Please note, once you select 'I Decline', your offer of admission becomes void and we cannot reverse this decision. If you change your mind, you must contact the department directly for reconsideration. You may be required to reapply and resubmit all of the required documents