Graduate Studies: CCAP

Workplace Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Graduate Research Fund

It is with the greatest of pleasure and deepest of gratitude that the Department of Psychology announces the Workplace Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Graduate Research Fund. This research fund has been made possible through the generous donations of I/O faculty and alumni.

If you are conducting, or are planning to conduct, research that contributes to the understanding, reduction or elimination of discrimination in the workplace, we invite you to apply for the WEDI Graduate Research Fund, made available through the generous donations of I/O faculty and alumni.

Degrees other than Psychology b) I have an undergrad degree in Psychology and a master's degree in Psychology, but my master's is not in Child Clinical (e.g., it is in Counseling, Developmental, etc.). Will my file be considered for admission to the PhD?

No. The expectation is that students applying at the PhD level will have an MA in Child Clinical Psychology. No exceptions.
Students who do not hold a master’s degree in child clinical psychology should apply for admission to the MA program. If they are admitted at the MA level, they may be eligible for consideration to have certain program requirements waived based on completed equivalent graduate level training for relevant courses (e.g., graduate level statistics, research methods in psychology, etc.). The thesis cannot be waived. 

Degrees other than Psychology a) If my undergrad degree is not in Psychology, am I eligible to apply to the MA?

The expectation is that incoming students will have an undergraduate Honour’s degree (with written thesis completed) in Psychology to ensure sufficient breadth of knowledge and training in Psychology before entering the MA program. This also prevents a student from needing to do many makeup courses to gather breadth of knowledge in Psychology. This is important because breadth of background knowledge in Psychology is a requirement when seeking registration later in the College of Psychologists in Ontario.

I see that additional faculty members are affiliated with the CCAP program. Can I apply to work with someone who is not a primary CCAP faculty member?

As your primary advisor and research supervisor, you should select a faculty member within the CCAP program. This does not preclude that your research might involve one of the other faculty within the Psychology department or in other departments on campus, or prevent you from also doing additional research with these other faculty. To see which CCAP faculty members are accepting students for each admission cycle or academic year, please see the listing on the website.