HFTM Celebrates Tourism Week
Tourism Week brought to you by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC/AITC) is a seven-day (May 23rd - 30th) coast to coast event recognizing Canada's tourism economy and impact on communities throughout the country.
Visit their Tourism Counts web page to read more about the industry, hear stories about the operators and learn why Tourism Counts across each province/territory in Canada.
HFTM is proud to celebrate #tourismweek taking place this week by outlining our recent and upcoming 'tourism' successes. #tourismcounts #HFTMproud
- Congratulations to Dr. Michael Lever who presented at Tourman 2021 international summit on the weekend. The presentation co-authored with Dr. Statia Elliot is titled “Navigating shifts in travel-based social media behavior during and beyond Covid-19”.
- Congratulations to Dr. Marion Joppe and Dr. Sandy Shen! Their chapter 'Gamification: Practices, Benefits and Challenges' is published in the new book 'Gamification for Tourism'.
- Congratulations to our MSc Tourism & Hospitality Management students who recently defended their theses in very important and timely tourism topics!
- Jiahui Dong - How video games induce us to travel? The influence of presence and nostalgia on visit intention: Imagination proclivity as a moderator.
- Ying Zhou – Tourism destination marketing by travel vlogs.
- Nazanin Tangestanizadeh – Memorable Thai food experience and consumer behavior by destination attachment.
- Lin Li – The effect of customer co-creation behaviors on well-being: The mediating role of positive emotions and social connectedness.
- Shiyi Chen – Promoting tourists’ responsible behaviour: Exploring the effectiveness of pledge.
- Congratulations to HFTM’s Professor Marion Joppe, Professor Emerita Joan Flaherty, and Dr. Johan Edelheim for their soon-to-be-published book "Teaching Tourism: Innovative, Values-based Learning Experiences for Transformational Practices.
- HFTM's graduate student papers have been accepted for presentation at the Asia Pacifica Tourism Association Annual Conference June 30 – July 2, 2021. Congratulations all!
- Pengsongze Xue & WooMi Jo- Investigating Consumer Decision Postponement and Booking Decision. Welcome Pengsongze to our PhD program this fall!
- Ying Zhou & WooMi Jo - The Influence of Travel Vlogs on Tourist Behavior: Application of AIDA Principle.
- Qianay Hannah Li, WooMi Jo & Lianne Foti - Hotel Staycations: Recovery Experiences and Subjective Well-Being.
- Zeyuan Elijah Li, WooMi Jo & Nadège Levallet - Effects of Consumer Innovativeness and Price Sensitivity on Behavioural Intentions.
- Congratulations to Dr. Sandy Shen who has accepted the position of Assistance Professor at California Polytechnic State University in the faculty of Experience Industry Management. Currently teaching Introduction to Hospitality and Travel!
- HFTM is pleased to support the TTRA 2021 Conference as a sponsor and Dr. Statia Elliot, member of the International Board is the Academic Co-Chair. The School has the following authors presenting: Dr. Sandy Shen, Sunghwan Yi, Dr. Marion Joppe and Dr. Chris Choi - "Why Is Gamified Travel Information More Effective? An Experimental Investigation".
- Congratulations to the following authors for their chapters in the upcoming books to be released soon.
- Jiahui Dong, (with Louis-Etienne Dubois and Dr. Marion Joppe) - "How do video games induce us to travel? – Exploring the drivers, mechanisms and limits of video-game induced tourism." in the upcoming book "Audiovisual Tourism Promotion".
- Kimberly Thomas-Francois, Ye Shen & Dr. Marion Joppe - "Grenada: A vision of integrated technological advancements to build a resilient tourism future through youth involvement and consumer-centric service excellence" in the upcoming book "Tourism Resilience in the Caribbean".
- Yingying Li and Dr. Marion Joppe - "The Motivations and Constraints of Chinese “Donkey Friends” in the upcoming book "Backpacking and beyond: Independent and nomadic travel".
#TourismWeek #TourismCounts #HFTMproud #LangBusiness