Domestic Student Eligibility*
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be registered in a full-time graduate degree program
*Other restrictions may apply
- Complete one Graduate Financial Need Assessment Form (NAF) for the fall-winter study period and an additional NAF for the summer study period.
- Review the list of graduate awards and follow the application instructions.
- Submit the documentation along with your NAF to Student Financial Services. Please see our contact information for details.
We will notify applicants by email indicating approval or denial of assistance. Students who have been approved can review their student account details on WebAdvisor.
International Student Eligibility
These bursaries are intended to assist international students who are registered in a full-time graduate degree program who are experiencing an unforeseen and/or unexpected financial situation or emergency. To apply you must complete the International Graduate Student Financial Need Assessment Form by the deadline dates listed below. Students will be notified of their eligibility by email from the Student Awards office.
- Students must have completed a minimum of one year of study before they can apply for a University of Guelph International Bursary.
- Fall semester bursary application deadline is November 1.
- Winter semester bursary application deadline is March 1.
- Summer semester bursary application deadline is July 2.
- Emergency situations are dealt with as they arise. Students who are faced with an emergency must speak with the International Student Advisor in Student Experience.