Domestic Student Eligibility*
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be registered in full-time studies
*Other restrictions may apply
- Complete one Graduate Financial Need Assessment Form (NAF) for the fall-winter study period and an additional NAF for the summer study period.
- Review the list of graduate awards and follow the application instructions.
- Submit the documentation along with your NAF to Student Financial Services. Please see our contact information for details.
We will notify applicants by email indicating approval or denial of assistance. Students who have been approved can review their student account details on WebAdvisor.
International Student Eligibility
These bursaries are intended to assist international students that are experiencing an unforeseen and/or unexpected financial situation or emergency. To apply you must complete the International Graduate Student Financial Need Assessment Form by the deadline dates listed below. Students will be notified of their eligibility by e-mail from the Student Awards office.
- Students must have completed a minimum of one year of study before they can apply for a University of Guelph International Bursary.
- Fall semester bursary application deadline is November 1.
- Winter semester bursary application deadline is March 1.
- Summer semester bursary application deadline is July 2.
- Emergency situations are dealt with as they arise. Students who are faced with an emergency must speak with the International Student Advisor in Student Experience.
Mandatory Quarantine Program International Bursary
The University of Guelph is committed to supporting incoming international students. As part of this commitment, we are offering a one-time bursary to assist international students who are unable to afford all or part of the costs of the provincially mandated Mandatory Quarantine program, up to $2500.
The bursary is open to new and continuing international students (both undergraduate and graduate) enrolled in full-time studies at the University of Guelph during the Fall 2021 or Winter 2022 terms. To be reimbursed, students must have travelled to Canada by air on or after August 12, 2021. They must submit proof that they have enrolled in the University's Mandatory Quarantine Program, and completed the quarantine. The bursary will be applied against the student’s account. The application form will be available August 23.