- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be registered in full-time studies
*Other restrictions may apply
- Complete one Graduate Financial Need Assessment Form (N.A.F.) for the fall-winter study period and an additional N.A.F. for the summer study period.
- Review the list of graduate awards and follow the application instructions.
- Submit the documentation along with your N.A.F. to Student Financial Services. Please see our contact information for details.
We will notify applicants by e-mail indicating approval or denial of assistance. Students who have been approved can review their student account details on WebAdvisor.
International Graduate Students
These bursaries are intended to assist international students that are experiencing an unforeseen and/or unexpected financial situation or emergency. To apply you must complete the Graduate Financial Need Assessment Form for International Students by the deadline dates listed below and submit it to the International Student Advisor in Student Life. Students will be notified of their eligibility by e-mail from the Student Awards office.
- Students must have completed a minimum of one year of study before they can apply for a University of Guelph International Bursary.
- Students can receive one bursary per academic year. (3 consecutive semesters of study).
- Fall semester bursary application deadline is November 1.
- Winter semester bursary application deadline is March 1.
- Summer semester bursary application deadline is July 2.
- Emergency situations are dealt with as they arise. Students who are faced with an emergency must speak with the International Student Advisor in Student Life - located on the 3rd floor of the University Centre.