These bursaries are intended to assist international students that are experiencing an unforeseen and/or unexpected financial situation or emergency. To apply you must complete the Undergraduate Financial Need Assessment Form for International Students by the deadline dates listed below. Students will be notified of their eligibility by email from the Student Awards office.
- Students must have completed a minimum of one year of study before they can apply for a University of Guelph International Bursary. Waived for Summer 2020
- Students can receive one bursary per academic year (fall/winter/summer). Waived for Summer 2020
- Fall semester bursary application deadline is November 1.
- Winter semester bursary application deadline is March 1.
- Summer semester bursary application deadline is July 2.
- Emergency situations are dealt with as they arise. Students who are faced with an emergency must speak with the International Student Advisor in Student Experience.
Tuition Assistance Bursary
(Application will be available August 2020)
Created in 2020 to provide assistance in the Fall 2020 and/or Winter 2021 semester(s) to returning international students with the cost of their tuition. This bursary is valued at up to $1,250/semester, and the amount awarded to each student will be determined based on an evaluation and review of the financial shortfall indicated on the Financial Need Assessment Form. To apply, you must complete the International Undergraduate Student Financial Need Assessment Form by the deadline dates listed below. Students will be notified of their eligibility by email from the Student Awards office.
- All returning international students experiencing financial challenges who are billed for international tuition are eligible to apply.
- Students registered for the fall term only and not returning for the winter term must apply by November 1.
- Students planning to register for both the fall and winter terms must apply by November 1.
- Students not registered in the fall who plan to register for the winter term must apply by March 1.