These bursaries are intended to assist international students that are experiencing an unforeseen and/or unexpected financial situation or emergency. To apply you must complete the Undergraduate Financial Need Assessment Form for International Students by the deadline dates listed below. Students will be notified of their eligibility by email from the Student Awards office.
- Students must have completed a minimum of one year of study before they can apply for a University of Guelph International Bursary.
- Fall semester bursary application deadline is November 1.
- Winter semester bursary application deadline is March 1.
- Summer semester bursary application deadline is July 2.
- Emergency situations are dealt with as they arise. Students who are faced with an emergency must speak with the International Student Advisor in Student Experience.
Mandatory Quarantine Program International Bursary
The University of Guelph is committed to supporting incoming international students. As part of this commitment, we are offering a one-time bursary to assist international students who are unable to afford all or part of the costs of the provincially mandated Mandatory Quarantine program, up to $2500.
The bursary is open to new and continuing international students (both undergraduate and graduate) enrolled in full-time studies at the University of Guelph during the Fall 2021 or Winter 2022 terms. To be reimbursed, students must have travelled to Canada by air on or after August 12, 2021. They must submit proof that they have enrolled in the University's Mandatory Quarantine Program, and completed the quarantine. The bursary will be applied against the student’s account. The application form will be available August 23.