Students can now submit their banking information through WebAdvisor!
If there is a credit on your Student Account, a refund will be issued through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – Direct Deposit. Please follow the instructions below to submit the details of the bank account where you would like the refund deposited. It must be a Canadian bank account.
Student Financial Services requires banking information even if previously submitted to a different department; information is not shared among departments. All payments/refunds coming from the University need to go to the same bank account. If your banking information changes, please update your information on WebAdvisor.
Once you have submitted your banking information using the steps below, please email email@example.com from your U of G email account to request your refund.
Step 1: Log into WebAdvisor to Access the Banking Information Section
- On the main page of WebAdvisor, click “Log In” in the upper right-hand section of the screen.
- Type in your Central Login ID and Password and click the “Submit” button.
- Choose “Students” from the “Main Menu” on the right-hand side.
- Under “Financial Profile” on the right-hand side, select “Banking Information”.
Step 2: Add Banking Information
- Click the "+ Add an Account" button on the right-hand side of the screen. A new screen will open.
- Click on the slider beside "Activate". Enter the date that you would like refunds to start being deposited in this account. This field will default to the current date.
- Click the "Next" button and a window called "Edit Bank Account Details" will open.
- Fill in your bank account information. For help with determining your "Branch/Transit Number", "Institution Number" and "Bank Account Number" from a cheque, click on "View sample check (cheque) image". Your bank account information may also be available through your financial institution's online banking system.
IMPORTANT: Do not enter your credit card number or the number on your debit card; the refund will not go through. If you are having difficulty finding your bank account information, please contact your financial institution.
- Review the "Terms and Conditions", click the box beside "I agree to the terms and conditions", and click "Submit".
If you're unable to submit your banking information through WebAdvisor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.