To provide students who have a continuing or permanent disability which requires a reduced course load (2.0 credits) with an accommodation of "per-credit tuition billing". To be eligible, you must have a relevant disability with supporting documentation from a qualified health professional, and a recommendation for this accommodation from Student Accessibility Services (SAS).
- Students registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and who have provided satisfactory documentation to support a permanent or continuing disability may be eligible for per-credit billing.
- Students who register with SAS and are not eligible for per-credit billing may be eligible for a tuition waiver. In such cases, students must be taking a reduced course load of 2.0 credits as a result of their disability. This applies to students who:
- Have documentation that is out of date or is incomplete with regards to a permanent disability (e.g. a learning disability).
- Have a recognized permanent disability, but were not registered with SAS before the end of the Course Add Period.
- Experience a temporary disability such as those resulting from a significant injury.
- Have a disability for which the duration is uncertain.
What Students Need to Know:
- You are required to provide documentation to SAS according to U of G standards for establishing the existence of a relevant disability.
- Your documentation will be held in confidence and any information shared with Student Financial Services will exclude details pertaining to the nature of the disability.
- SAS may require a meeting with you to complete the process. For an appointment, call 519 824-4120, ext. 56208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once SAS is satisfied that you qualify, a SAS Advisor must notify Student Financial Services of the recommended accommodation before the last day of the Add/Drop period.
- This process only needs to be completed once.
Billing and Refunds
- Students who are to be charged tuition on a per-credit basis will be billed using the per-credit tuition amount when enrolled in 2.0 credits at the end of the “Add/Drop Period”.
- Students who register in 2.5 credits at the end of the “Add/Drop Period” are not eligible for the tuition billing accommodation. The tuition refund policy will apply to you.