The International Student Undergraduate Research Assistantship (ISURA) program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to obtain research experience during the SUMMER semester. Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the ISURA program:
- Must be an international student (NOT a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a Protected Person in Canada (not a Convention Refugee))
- Must be currently registered in an undergraduate degree program.
- Must have a cumulative average of at least 70%, however departments may have additional academic criteria above this minimum. This condition may be waived at the discretion of the hiring faculty member.
- Must return to study at the University of Guelph in a bachelor program in the fall semester immediately after the employment term (students cannot be registered in their last semester of their bachelor degree program at the time of application).
- Must be engaged in full-time research during the tenure of the position. However, a student may register as a part-time student (up to 1.0 credits) during the award period at the discretion of the supervisor.
*Other restrictions may apply