International students entering post-secondary studies for the first time and registering in the first semester of a degree program in the fall semester.
|Current Value for Fall 2023 (year 1)||Annual Renewal Amount (years 2, 3 and 4)*||Overall 4 Year total|
*Students admitted in Fall 2020, Fall 2021, Fall 2022 or Fall 2023 and receiving an entrance scholarship are eligible to receive a $4,000 award in years 2, 3 and 4 if all renewal criteria (see below) are met each year.
- Submit an application for admission.
- Ensure that my admission application is complete and all documents are received as requested by Admission Services, University of Guelph.
- Consider your application for admission and your scholarship eligibility when the required curriculum-specific supporting documentation, as stated on the Admission Services website, is received. Successful recipients will be informed of their scholarship with their offer of admission.
- Apply the scholarship to your U of G student account in two equal payments over the fall and winter semesters.
Conditions of Entrance Scholarships
- Recipients must register for both the fall and winter semesters in year 1.
- Recipients must pay the International student tuition and fees.
- Recipients must remain registered in full-time studies and achieve a minimum 80.0% average in their previous academic year of full-time study (typically fall/winter).
- Recipients must continue to pay the International student tuition and fees.
Students who fail to qualify for a continuing payment may re-qualify by subsequently obtaining an 80.0% or better average in the previous academic year of full-time study. Payments lost cannot be added to the end of the award period.
NOTE: Entrance scholarships cannot be deferred. Students who defer their offer of admission are reconsidered the following year based on the availability of scholarship for that cohort.