Schedule of Dates updated on February 27, 2023
- USRA allocations sent to Colleges for review and finalization.
- January 20, 2023
- Deadline for department to submit Form 1 to Student Financial Services and to submit the USRA job description to Experience Guelph. See Form 1 for instructions on posting to Experience Guelph.
- January 27, 2023
- USRA positions are posted on Experience Guelph. USRA positions are also posted on the Student Financial Services USRA Jobs/Projects webpage for non-U of G students to view. Departments/schools may advertise positions in their areas.
- January 27 to February 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- USRA applications from University of Guelph students are submitted on Experience Guelph. Students from other universities should submit their application directly to the hiring contact listed on the posting. See the How to Apply page for information about what documents should be included in the application. All positions will close to applications on February 27.
- January 27 to March 3, 2023
- Departments arrange interviews with candidates during this period.
- March 3, 2023
- First day that USRA offers can be made to students.
USRA offers to U of G students should be made through Experience Guelph. USRA offers to non-U of G students should be made directly to the student. Once the offer is accepted, faculty supervisors complete an NSERC Form 202 Parts I and II to their department administrator. Please seek assistance from Office of Research Services (email@example.com) if needed. **Departments must honour the offers they make to students even if NSERC deems the candidate ineligible.** Please contact the Office of Research Services in advance for any questions regarding eligibility. All offers should be followed up with a formal letter outlining terms of employment and an Employee Data form should be completed and submitted to Human Resources.
- March 21, 2023
- Deadline to submit NSERC Form 202** Part I & II and the student's official transcript to the Office of Research (**contact firstname.lastname@example.org if an extension is required). These should be sent as one package by each department and include a list of the selected students and supervisors.
If there are vacant positions that have not been filled by March 28, please attach a note explaining the circumstances. Please note that OR-5 forms are not required.
If a student is Indigenous and/or Black and has self-identified, these USRA applications are not counted towards the quota. The Office of Research will notify the department if the applicant has checked off Indigenous and/or Black in the online system and will request the department to send another application in addition to this one. These students should be able to provide proof or have a way of identifying themselves. If the supervisor/department does not find another student to fill the additional position, they will have the option to defer a position to the Fall or Winter term or inform the Office of Research if unable to use it.