- USRA allocations sent to Colleges for review and finalization.
- January 21, 2022
- Deadline for department to submit Form 1 to Student Financial Services and to submit the USRA job description to Experience Guelph. See Form 1 for instructions on posting to Experience Guelph.
- January 25, 2022
- USRA positions are posted on Experience Guelph. USRA positions are also posted on the Student Financial Services USRA Jobs/Projects webpage for non-U of G students to view. Departments/schools may advertise positions in their areas.
- January 25 to February 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- USRA applications are submitted directly to the hiring contact listed on the posting. All applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume in addition to a copy of their official transcript. All positions will close to applications on February 15.
- January 25 to March 4, 2022
- Departments arrange interviews with candidates during this period.
- March 4, 2022
- First day that USRA offers can be made to students.
USRA offers are not processed through Experience Guelph. Please make offers directly with the student. Once the offer is accepted, faculty supervisors complete an NSERC Form 202 Parts I and II to their department administrator. Please seek assistance from Office of Research Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) if needed. **Departments must honour the offers they make to students even if NSERC deems the candidate ineligible.** Please contact the Office of Research Services in advance for any questions regarding eligibility. All offers should be followed up with a formal letter outlining terms of employment and an Employee Data form should be completed and submitted to Human Resources.
- March 11, 2022
- Deadline to submit NSERC Form 202** Part I & II and the student's official transcript to the Office of Research (**contact email@example.com if an extension is required). These should be sent as one package by each department and include a list of the selected students and supervisors. If there are vacant positions that have not been filled by March 15, please attach a note explaining the circumstances. Please note that OR-5 forms are not required. If a student is Indigenous and has self-identified, these applications are not counted towards the quota. The Office of Research will notify the department if the applicant has checked off Indigenous in the online system and will request the department to send another application in addition to this one. These students should be able to provide proof or have a way of identifying themselves. If the supervisor/department does not find another student to fill the additional position, they will have the option to defer a position to the Fall or Winter term or inform the Office of Research if unable to use it.
For more information please visit NSERC website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org at the Office of Research, University of Guelph.