Latin American and Caribbean Studies (LACS) MA
Bienvenidos/Welcome students with a BA honours in Literature, History, International Development, Political Science, Sociology, Art History, Music, Education
- Explore the only interdisciplinary LACS Master's program in Canada
- Combine Latin American and Caribbean Studies with International Development and receive our Collaborative LACS/IDEV MA. https://gids.uoguelph.ca/future-students/collaborative-specialization-ids
- Pursue a wide range of research topics with over 20 internationally renowned faculty members associated with the LACS program at the University of Guelph.
- Open doors to careers in Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), international relations, coffee trade, teaching, food and agriculture, indigenous relations, culture and music industry. And pursue any job that requires critical thinking, good research and writing skills, as well as leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Research and write your project of interest in either English or in Spanish.
- Obtain significant training and experience in teaching recognized with a teaching certificate.
Complete the program in 3 semesters.
Hear from our MA students:
M.A. in Latin American and Caribbean Studies, faculty and student testimonials.
U of Guelph graduate student Oscar Lopez Hernandez (MA Latin American and Caribbean Studies)
Prospective students are encouraged to contact or meet with the coordinator Prof. Gordana Yovanovich who may be contacted at email@example.com or graduate secretary Enrica Aurora Cominetti at firstname.lastname@example.org