OAC Learning Trust (Richards Trust)
The OAC Learning Trust supports learning opportunities and initiatives that enhance the skills of associate diploma, undergraduate and graduate students (Richards Trust) in OAC. Supporting our students' self-identified and self-directed learning opportunities is an important way we ensure excellence in educational programming at the Guelph and Ridgetown campuses.
The fund supports:
- Experiential Learning: Supporting hands-on, real world learning opportunities domestically or internationally for students including field trips, lab trips and trips to attend academic/ skills competitions
- International Development: Providing travel opportunities for students that enhance learning including attendance at international youth congresses, leadership opportunities, travel to support and learn from development projects and other programs that enhance global awareness and understanding and help students to develop and improve communications, organizational and networking skills.
- Student Lead Initiatives: Support events, symposia, conventions or skills workshop to enhance learning for students in initiatives developed for and run by students
The OAC Learning Trust is an endowment fund, established with donations, designed to enrich the student experience, promote excellence in learning and provide new opportunities and enhanced accessibility to learning opportunities for students (diploma and undergraduate) enrolled in courses and programs administered by the OAC. Preference is given to projects that benefit multiple students and/or student groups.
Learning Trust proposals are accepted in the Fall. Exact deadline date will be updated and posted on the OAC Application Form webpage. Additional calls for proposals may be run in the Summer and/or Winter Semester depending on funds available.
Applications for support are submitted by OAC students but can be developed and supported by faculty, staff and academic units in OAC.
The OAC Learning Trust Application form is available online. Click here to access the application form to create and submit your proposal.
519-824-4120 Ext. 52284
Examples of Funded Initiatives
Learning Trust (Diploma and Undergraduate)
- Trip Example: OAC Swine Club Iowa Trip: Awarded $2,000
- Competition Example: University of Guelph’s Turf Club, Collegiate Turf Bowl: Awarded: $3,000
- Event Example: OAC Winter Games: Awarded $200
Richards Trust (Graduate)
- Trip Example: The Great Lakes Plant Breeding Initiative (GLPBI) – Field trip for plant breeding graduate students: Awarded $1,250
- Competition Example: OAC Graduate Team attending the 2018 Annual Intercollegiate Animal Welfare Judging and Assessment Contest: Awarded $750
- Event Example: 8th Annual OAC Graduate Student Council Colloquium: Awarded $100
Thank you to the various donors, alumni and the OAC Alumni Foundation for their financial support of the OAC Learning Trust.