Undergraduate Studies

I want to take a Psychology Independent Study Course, PSYC*3240, PSYC*3910 and PSYC*4240. How do I register for them?

You must contact one or two Psychology Faculty members whose research is similar to your interests and see if they are willing to supervise you. Once you secure a Supervisor, you must complete a contract with them and submit it to the Main office of the Psychology Department for the approval of the Chair.  The contracts for PSYC*3240, PSYC*3910, and PSYC*4240 are found on our website.  Each contract has an instruction page attached to it which you may find helpful to gain clarification on this process.

The course I want to take is full. How do I get signed in? Can I be put on a waitlist?

When the course is full this means that all of the seats have been taken.   Professors do not keep waitlists for their courses.  During the add periods, we suggest that students continually check Web Advisor (everyday, at all different times of the day & night) for a cancelled seat.  Students are constantly changing their schedules, therefore vigilance may pay off. You may also contact Sharon Helder, Academic Advisor and Manager, at shelder@uoguelph.ca