Doctoral Degrees (PhD)
Nine PhD programs are offered through OAC:
- Animal & Poultry Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Food, Agricultural & Resource Economics
- Food Science
- International Development Studies*
- Plant Agriculture
- Rural Studies
*Collaborative interdepartmental programs within the University of Guelph
General PhD Admission Requirements
- Applicants are usually required to have completed a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution and must have achieved a minimum B average in their Master’s program. Applicants must also have demonstrated strong potential for research.
- Standings higher than the minimum 'B' average are required in some departments for admission to doctoral programs.
- Some departments may have additional or higher admission qualifications. We recommend that you visit the program/department website for program specific admission requirements.
- See the University of Guelph Graduate Studies website for more details.