COVID-19 Tools and Resources
The University of Guelph’s COVID-19 website is your best source of information about the University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In response to operational changes resulting from COVID-19 and to support University of Guelph Employees as they navigate the changing environment in a healthy and productive way, HR has compiled a list of tools, resources and information to assist you. The information will continuously be updated, so please remember to check back on a regular basis.
Assessment Centres in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph (WDG)
According to the Ontario government, effective May 24, 2020 testing is available for the following populations:
Asymptomatic risk based testing, which includes:
- People who are concerned that they have been exposed to COVID-19
- People who are at risk of exposure through their employment, including essential workers
Symptomatic testing, which includes all people with at least one symptom of COVID-19, even for mild symptoms.
More information on the symptoms of COVID-19, and a current list of assessment centres in WDG, including hours can be found on the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health website.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and declaration of a state of emergency in Ontario, the Ontario Government has passed legislation amending the leave provisions of the Employment Standards Act, 2000. The amended leave provisions apply to two broad categories of reasons for an employee needing to be absent from work due to the COVID-19 pandemic - Declared Emergency Leave and Infection Disease Emergency Leave.
Health and Safety
EHS Guidelines under COVID-19
- COVID-19: Considerations for Face Coverings and Face Shields
- COVID-19: Guidance for Employees Travelling in a Vehicle
- COVID-19: Guidance for Using Non-Medical Face Masks
- COVID-19: How to Work Safely Inside an Occupied Residence
- COVID-19: Use of Disposable Gloves in Non-Health Care Workplaces
- FAQs for Using Non-Medical Masks
- Field Crop Research - Guidance on the Use of Multiple Person Equipment & Physical Distancing
- Framework of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Support for Research Phase-In
- Laboratories - Guidance on Working in the Laboratory & Physical Distancing
- Reuse of N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirator During Shortage
- University Operations: Rebound & Recovery, Measures to Prevent COVID-19 in the Workplace
For any covid-19 inquiries related to ordering personal hygiene supplies, building readiness, signage and cleaning measures for common areas and high touch surface, please refer to the PR COVID-19 Tools and Resources.
Personal Hygiene Supplies are now available for purchase from the Physical Resources Stockroom.
For a listing of Physical Resources building representatives and signage priority please refer to the COVID-19: People on Campus.
Research Phase-In Framework
The Research Phase-In Framework, including the research recovery checklist are available on the Office of Research website.
The University has suspended all non-essential hiring while we closely monitor the developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic. As the situation continues to evolve, updates will be made to the following links:
- University of Guelph Current Opportunities for Internal and External Job Seekers
- University of Guelph Request to Hire for Hiring Managers:
Remote Learning Opportunities
Our HR Learning & Development team is working diligently at identifying web-based learning workshops that can provide tools, resources and skills to meet a diversity of needs that have been identified as we all try to adapt to remote or challenging work conditions. The focus will be on providing 1 hour, interactive sessions that provide opportunities for discussion, connection and generating ideas on relevant and practical topics from running effective meetings remotely, to staying focused and productive in a home full of distractions, to managing through the uncertainty of these times. Check the Event Calendar regularly as we have added new sessions and will continue to add new offerings as we identify them, including upcoming free webinars and podcasts offered by reputable organizations and experts.
Check out the Free Digital Learning Resources page regularly for pre-recorded webinars/podcasts for managers and employees to support your effectiveness, performance success, learning, and well-being during the pandemic.
Below are some recommended LinkedIn Learning Resources to assist you with both professional and personal development.
LinkedIn Learning Resources
- LinkedIn Learning Seminar to assist you with LinkedIn Learning
Top 5 course recommendations for successful resilience & remote work:
- Building Resilience
- Working Remotely
- Managing Virtual Teams
- Time Management: Working from Home
- Cultivating Mental Agility
LinkedIn Learning Resources for Managers:
Wellness@Work has launched a new COVID-19 Wellness Resources web page with a variety of online wellness-related resources and virtual events to help you thrive while the world around us is rapidly responding to the global pandemic.
Working From Home
- Temporary Work from Home Guidelines have been designed to assist employees and their supervisors in assessing the suitability and expectations of a temporary work from home arrangement where an employee has been impacted by COVID-19.
- Work from Home Self-Assessment Checklist to be completed by employees and their supervisor(s) prior to commencing a work from home arrangement.
- HR Consultants are available to provide additional support and information.
Stay Connected While Practicing Physical Distancing
- Online Resources to Help you Thrive in Uncertain Times
- How to Stay Connected While Physical Distancing