I had a problem with my SunLife Claim. Who do I call?

Call SunLife directly at 1-800-361-6212.   Have your policy number (82010) and your 9-digit retiree number available as well as any other documentation before you call. Please note that some surviving spouses of retirees may have a 10-digit identification number.

I have no record of how much I paid for Health & Dental premiums. What do I do?

Call CIBC Mellon toll free at 1-800-565-0479.   This information is on your December pension payment statement and your T4A.

I need to change my address. How do I do that?

You can do that by contacting University of Guelph Human Resources by emailing or calling at 519-824-4120 ext. 53374

I need to do my income tax and don’t have my tax slips. Who do I contact?

Call CIBC Mellon toll free at 1-800-565-0479. Tax slips mailed to the home address that Human Resources has on file. They are usually sent out before the end of February for the previous calendar year.

I need to report the death of a pensioner or a pensioner’s spouse. Who do I contact?

Call University of Guelph Human Resources at 519-824-4120 ext. 56594.

Where do I find information about Retiree Benefits?

Retiree benefit information can be found on the Retiree Benefits webpage.

Which plan am I in?

Employees hired by the University on April 1, 1997, as a result of the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs' divestment, who have 10 or more years of service with the Government of Ontario, will receive retirement health and dental benefits from the Government of Ontario, and are not eligible for University plan benefits.

Employees who begin receiving a University of Guelph pension immediately after retirement may opt to continue Extended Health and Dental coverage, on a premium cost-sharing basis. Retirees must select this option within 31 days of retiring from the University. If coverage is discontinued, it cannot be reinstated at a later date.

New Benefit Plan: For employees who retired on or after the following dates:

  • Faculty Association, July 1, 1996
  • CUOE/CEP, July 1, 1996
  • University Police Association, September 1, 1996
  • Professional/Managerial, December 1, 1996
  • CUPE Local 1334, December 1, 1996
  • Food Service Employees Association, March 1, 1997
  • Ontario Nurses Association, March 1, 1997
  • College Academic and Research Group, April 1, 1997
  • Exempt Group, July 1, 1997
  • Staff Assoc / USWA Local 4120, January 1, 1998

Old Benefit Plan: For employees who retired before the dates above:

Employees who retired before the dates for the New Plan and who have coverage under the Old Plan, may transfer to the New Plan. If you wish to switch to the New Plan, you should contact a Human Resource Service Assistant (519-824-4120 ext. 53374)