Retirees maintain and have access to many benefits offered to University of Guelph employees, as well as retiree-focused opportunities.
UGRA - Pensioners receive a quarterly newsletter from the University of Guelph Retiree Association (UGRA), a volunteer organization representing all retirees. You can voluntarily become a contributing member of UGRA.
Scholarship & Tuition Waiver - This benefit is the same for retirees as for Regular Full-Time employees. Explore learning opportunities such as:
- Tuition Waiver Request for retirees
- Scholarship / Tuition Assistance Plan for Dependent Children and Spouses of Eligible Retirees
- Retiree Parking Rate - There is a parking rate for retirees (not applicable to day-rate). Arrangements must be made through Parking Services.
- Athletic Facilities - Retirees and their dependents are eligible to purchase Athletic memberships. The Athletics Recreation Information Line is 824-4120 ext. 56253 or visit the Athletics website.
- University of Guelph E-mail Account - During the retirement interview with HR, a future retiree can express that they wish to keep their e-mail account active. This applies only to central login ID accounts. There is no charge for this service.
- Library Services - Retirees retain their library privileges with the same rights and responsibilities they had as an employee, with the exception that their account does not include off-campus access to e-resources.