Occupational Health and Wellness
Occupational Health and Wellness (OHW) integrates and coordinates the management of occupational (work-related) and non-occupational related illness and injury. OHW provides support, guidance and consultation to employees related to temporary or permanent medical limitations, impacting their ability to function in the workplace and facilitates Return to Work programs and accommodation for an early and safe return to work.
Our goal is to integrate health promotion and disease prevention strategies. This supports a culture of health and well-being within the University community.
The University is also committed to supporting the well-being of the whole person for all University of Guelph staff and faculty through a comprehensive, integrated, evidence-informed workplace health promotion strategy. For more information please visit Wellness@Work.
Please be advised that the Guelph Campus is 100% tobacco- and smoke-free. Learn more about the tobacco- and smoke-free campus policy at https://www.uoguelph.ca/smokefree/ or watch this short animated video.
The following links will provide you with further information, resources and services that are available to support your health and well-being.
- Understanding what to do when you are injured or ill
- Occupational Disability - A workplace injury or illness
- Non-Occupational Short-Term Disability (STD) - A short term absence due to medical reasons
- Non-Occupational Long-Term Disability (LTD) - A long term absence due to medical reasons
- Accommodation and Return to Work: Return to work and stay at work planning after an injury or illness
- Occupational Health Surveillance Programs: Protection from potential exposures to workplace hazards
- Ergonomic Services: Eliminating ergonomic related injury
- Wellness Initiatives: Participating in wellness initiatives to optimize health and well-being
- Employee and Family Assistance program (EFAP): Accessing confidential, professional counselling through the Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
All personal health information provided by employees is held in strict confidence per our Privacy Statement