Occupational Health and Wellness’ Ergonomics Program is designed to provide a framework for recognizing Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) hazards and implementing appropriate controls across all departments.
Ergonomics removes barriers to quality, productivity, and safe human performance by fitting products, tasks and environments to people. The University of Guelph’s Ergonomics Program is a systematic process in collaboration with employees, management and workplace parties, for anticipating, identifying, analyzing and controlling known risk factors.
Ergonomic related services offered through Occupational Health and Wellness include:
- Employee/supervisor/safety committee training on MSD Hazards and Controls
- Employee ergonomic assessments
- Evaluation and monitoring of incidents across department
- New design, renovation, purchasing consultations
- Office seating assessments and guidelines for an ergonomic office chair
- Additional education regarding ergonomic devices
- Resource materials as requested
For more information or to book an assessment contact Occupational Health and Wellness by phone 519-824-4120 ext.54283 or email.