Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness and Due Diligence Training
This seminar is offered both in-class or on-line formats and is designed to provide managers and supervisors with an overview of the major provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario (including their legal duties and responsibilities), as well as a review of the U of G health and safety policies, programs, systems and resources available to assist them in fulfilling these responsibilities.
This mandatory training session will enable supervisors to:
- Gain a working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), or the Act
- Become familiar with the duties of employers, supervisors and workers
- Understand what constitutes Due Diligence in the workplace
- Know the hazards in the workplace
- Know how to deal with hazards
- Know how to handle problems as they arise
- Understand the requirements for Joint Health & Safety Committees
- Understand the role of the supervisor for reporting of injuries
- Understand what constitutes Due Diligience in the workplace
Learn about Safety Resources it will also provide insights into how the intent of the safety regulaions to the academic setting.