Hear Leave for Change Stories Featuring Panel on Feb 14
Date and Time
University Center Room 441
Hear Leave for Change Experiences of a Lifetime on Feb 14
Be inspired. Join us Wednesday February 14, 2017 at noon in UC 441 to hear first-hand from faculty and staff who have been on Leave for Change (L4C), a program that supports employees to undertake a short-term (3-4 week) volunteer assignment in a developing country. The panel features:
· Mary Murphy, Legal Counsel, University of Guelph will share the workshops she facilitated on legal systems for faculty, practicing lawyers, and local political party members while at the University of Phu Yen (Vietnam, 2009).
· Raj Patara, Logistics Coordinator, College of Business & Economics will share her experience of teaching students at the Tanzania National College of Tourism the theory and practical aspects of cooking, food and personal hygiene, and customer service (Tanzania, 2016).
· Kian Merrikh, Accessibility Officer, Office of Diversity & Human Rights will talk about how he helped to build the capacity of faculty and administrators at Vietnam’s Bac Thang Long College in the areas of strategic marketing and service quality management (Vietnam, 2011).
· Leanne Piper, Manager, Residence Admissions & Marketing, Student Housing will talk about building a website for the Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, the Manyara regions’ first website in the country (Tanzania, 2016).
Leave for Change is a program of the World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI), two leading international development organizations. As a partner in this program, the U of G will support up to seven employees to go on Leave for Change in 2017. Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2017.
Can’t make it to this event?
· Watch a short L4C video featuring U of G faculty and staff who have participated.
· Learn more about Leave for Change and the application process.
· For further information, please contact Evelina Rog, HR (Learning & Development) at *54332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.